Text of ‘Formal notice with draft agenda ‘(as per download above):
Notice of 2018 Annual General Meeting of the NRC
Please take noticethat the Annual General Meeting of the Northern Rowing Council
(“the Council”) will take place at Durham Amateur Rowing Club at 7.00 pm on Monday
26 November 2018.
Representatives on Council
The Council consists of one representative appointed by each of the clubs and each
of the events as affiliated to British Rowing and in the Northern Region. Each rep
has one vote on Council. Individual members of clubs who are not reps may attend
general meetings, and speak with the permission of the Chairman, but do not have
a vote. The full Council meets annually in the autumn for the AGM and as necessary
otherwise for Extraordinary General Meetings.
Please could each club and event secretary inform the Secretary of their representatives
to sit on Council for 2018 - 19 (i.e. 2018 AGM onwards) by 7.00pm by Friday 17 November
at the latest.
Nominations for Officer posts
The business of the Council between general meetings is undertaken by the Executive
Committee, comprising the Regional Chairman (elected every three years; needed this
year) and Regional Representative (elected every three years; not needed this year)
and Officers (elected annually) and any other persons elected or coopted as allowed
for in the constitution (enclosed).
Nominations for the posts of Officers of the Council (and thus Exec members also)
should be notified to the NRC Secretary (email@example.com) by clubs and events by
7.00pm on Friday 17 November 2018 at the latest.
The list of posts for election is shown in the draft agenda. There is no set nomination
form and emails will be accepted from club or event secretaries or other equivalent
post-holders. Candidates must be paid-up members of British Rowing, a member of
a club in this region (though not necessarily from the nominating club) and be a
club or event rep on Council as a whole as above. Candidates for these Officer posts
need only be nominated; seconding is not needed. The Chair of the Regional Umpires
Committee is appointed externally.
Reports etc on web site
Officer reports and other documents will be posted when available at: www.nerowing.com/agm2018.html.
1. Apologies for absence
2. Approval of the minutes of the 2017 AGM as a correct record (enclosed)
3. Matters arising from the minutes
4. Regional Chairman’s report for 2017-18 (Michael Laing, St L School)
5. Officer’s reports for 2017-18 (to be posted on web site)
· Junior Rowing (Pauline Higgins, QE High School, & Ellie Hizzett, DU)
· Safety (John Mulholland, Tyne)
· Para Rowing (Gillian Lathan, Tees)
· Long Distance Sculling Series (Richard Mortimer, Durham)
· Events and Social Media (Colin Percy, Tyne)
· Chairman of Regional Umpires Committee (Peter Hoare, Hexham)
· Masters Rowing (Gabrielle Moore, Durham)
· Recreational and Explore Rowing (Colin Lawson, Durham)
6. Election of officers for 2018-19 (all for one year unless shown otherwise)
· Regional Chairman (for three years)
· Coaching Education Coordinator
· Junior Rowing Coordinator & Deputy
· Regional Rowing Safety Adviser
· Para Rowing Coordinator
· Long Distance Sculling Series Coordinator
· Events Coordinator
· Masters Rowing Coordinator
· Recreational and Explore Rowing Coordinator
· Ordinary members of the Executive (at the discretion of Council)
7. Appointment of Honorary Auditor/Examiner for 2018-19
8. Presentation with demonstration of the brand new British Rowing ClubHub membership
management system by Paul Lorenzato, Head of Community Development, British Rowing.
9. Club Development Conference - Sunday 29 January 2019. Please forward suggested
items for programme to Ellie Hizzett firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Any other business
Close of meeting
Secretary, Northern Rowing Council
Web site page for AGM:www.nerowing.com/agm2018.html.
If anyone would like to discuss the work of the Northern Rowing Council and its officers
with a view to standing (or for any other reason), please ring the current Vice Chairman,
Charly Curtis, on 0191 908 3769.